Baking is patience. It’s something like understanding the ebbs and the flow of all the ingredients of the environmental conditions. It can be simplistic or may be a quite complicated one also.
Baking brings into some new innovative item to have at the meal. And if it’s the festive occasion of the grand Christmas, then baking has no end.
You can bake whatever you like to and in your pocket budget. Now you don’t have to depend upon the notes made by your grand ones to make a recipe at the Big Day.
You can search online for various recipes and baking stuffs for making your festivity rememberable for years by all.
These Home baked and festive treats prove to be yours great idea of fun at the coming Christmas holidays.
You may try them at your sweet kitchen and relish the joy of festivity with your family members and friends circle.
You can bake-:
- Deep mince pies
- Chocolate logs
- Candy canes
- Wreath cake
- Crunchy cake, etc.
Some delicious recipes are provided below to cherish them
1. Super Granny Cake
The Baking time will take 30 to 40 minutes and Yields an average of 45 bars.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 big eggs
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (with juice and pulp)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of soda
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat the oven up to 350 C degrees.
Grease up a 13-by-9 inched cake pan.
Mix together sugar, flour, salt, eggs, soda, and pineapple.
Pour this mixture into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle it with chopped nuts and brown sugar.
Bake it for 30-40 min.
Heat butter, vanilla, and milk until the butter melts fully.
Pour it over the hot cake.
Glaze doesn’t get fully soaked up into the cake.
Cool and serve with cheery at the top.
2. Snow Sparkling Cake
This sugar snow and crunchy topping cake is the easy one for convert the humble and old fruit cake into your celebration’s centerpiece.
- 400gms of white sugar cubes
- 100gms of preserving sugar
- 3 tbsp. of edible pearly balls
- 1 egg white, (a little whisked)
- edible silvery glitter
Also you will require
- 1 piece 20cms of wide Christmas cake
- colored ribbons
- shop decorates (optional)
After removing the cake from your oven, increase up its heat till 200C or at 180C fan, or at gas 6.
Leave this cake in the tin.
Put some sugar cubes into a large bowl and slightly crush it with a rolling pin’s end till the sugary rubble comes out.
Mix the egg white and pearly balls in mixture of preserving sugar. It should attain wet sand texture.
Spread this mixture on the top of cake and level it at surface.
Bake this cake for atleast 5 minutes to set up sugary crust, after that remove it.
Leave the cake to cool down.
Once the cake gets cooled fully, remove it from tin and peel off its baking parchment.
Sprinkle the cake’s top with some edible glitter, and tie the colored ribbons around its side.
Decorate the cake with your preferred figurines, as you like it.
Christmas Baking Ideas
At this grand Christmas festive time, you may bake with various new ideas. You may add the Mince pies to your afternoon lunch menu, all along with your delicious and yummy cake.
You may also opt for the ideal moreish treats. Here’s given some of the best Christmas baking ideas. Try them out and enjoy the time.
1. Eggnog Quick Bread
This eggnog bread is good sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar and served with Christmas breakfast.
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cups of eggnog
- 2 teaspoons of extract (rum flavored)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 of softened cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven up to 350C degrees F (at 175 degree C).
Grease the bottom with a 9by 5 inches of loaf pan, and three 3 by 5 inches of loaf pans.
Blend eggs, rum extract, eggnog, sugar, butter, and vanilla altogether.
Sift altogether the baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
Add the above prepared gravy to eggnog mixture and stir it to get moisten up.
Pour this mixture in some prepared pans.
Bake the large loaf till 40-60 min till the center tester inserted in its middle, just comes out very clean.
Breads that are baked in smaller pans need atleast 35-40 min.
Cool it for 10 mins, and then remove it from pan.
Cool it completely, get it wrapped tightly in oil or plastic wrap, and get it stored in refrigerator.
2. Russian Tea Cakes
This family cake recipe is been prepared at Christmas sine 4 generations in Russia.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup of confectioners’ sugar (decoration)
Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees of F (or 175 degrees temp).
Take vanilla and butter in a medium bowl and cream it.
Add 6 tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar and 2 cups of flour to it, stir it with butter mixture till it’s got blended.
Mix those chopped walnuts.
Roll the dough to 1-inch balls.
Place them at distance of 2 inches apart on the ungreased sheet of cookie.
Bake it for 12 mins in your preheated oven.
When it cools down, roll up the left out confectioners’ sugar.
Ready to serve
These are the popular Swedish cookies thumbprints.
This recipe bakes for six dozen
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup of any flavored fruit jam
Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees of F (or 190 degrees).
Cream sugar and butter till fluffy and light.
Add the sifted flour to it, and mix it well.
Shape the dough as 1-inches balls.
Place them at the cookie sheets.
Imprint now your hand thumb in center to frame a half-inched indentation.
Fill it up with your preferred preserves.
Bake it for 15-20 mins or till it turns in to golden brown from edges.
Christmas Baking Recipes
Pretty mince pies, frosted panettone, and crumbly Christmas cupcakes; all of your favorite festive and delicious cakes can be baked in this Christmas, at your own kitchen.
1. Banana Split Bake
Impress your family members and friends with this delicious and ‘tray chic’ type of fruity dessert.
- 6 large sized peeled and halved bananas lengthways
- 30gms of chopped butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1.25 lits. of vanilla flavor ice-cream
- 1/4 cup of roasted and salted peanuts (chopped roughly)
- 120gms of chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of thickened cream
Preheat the oven at 220°C or 200°C of fan-forced.
Place the bananas with their cut side-up in baking tray of 3cm-depth, and 19cm by 30cm of base.
Place sugar and butter in a saucepan at the medium heat.
Cook it by stirring up to 3 minutes or till it melts to smooth.
Pour down bananas. Bake it for about 12-15 mins or till it turns golden.
Now, set this aside and let it cool down for 5 mins.
In the meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place the cream and chocolate in a saucepan at low and medium heat.
Cook it by stirring with metal spoon till 3-4 mins or till it gets melt and smooth.
Top this banana mix with ice-cream scoops.
Drizzle out with the prepared chocolate sauce.
Sprinkle now with peanuts.
2. Chicken Tostadas
- 8 pieces of 6-inches of tortillas
- Cooking oil
- 2 whole and medium sized chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons of margarine butter
- 1 can (or 8 ounce) of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 of teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of grounded cumin
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of shredded type ‘Monterey jack cheese’ (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large sized seeded avocado with peeled out and sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced and pitted one ripe olives
In the small skillet utensils, cook the tortillas, only 1 at 1 time, in the 1/4 inches of hot oil about 20-40 seconds at each side, or until golden and crisp.
Drain on the oil with a paper toweling; keep them in oven’s warm foil at 250 degrees C.
Skin out the bone, and cut out the chicken breasts to minor thiny strips.
In the medium skillet, rapidly cook the chicken and also the onion in margarine butter until the chicken gets done and onion gets tender.
Add garlic salt, tomato sauce, cumin and salt to it.
Reduce the heat and cover the simmer for atleast 15-20 mins.
For assembling each one of tostada, place 1 warm tortilla at the serving plate, and spoon on the chicken mixture over them, with cheese, olives; and avocado slices.
Drizzle it with the bottled one hot pepper sauce for adding the taste, if desired.
Christmas Baking With Kids
Take out the pain of cooking for your fussy kids by these recipes, shared here.
You can also plan a kids’ party at your home this Christmas, and serve the yummy and wow dishes.
1. Cheesy Vegemite pull-apart
Place these cheesy one vegemite scrolls at your Christmas menu as the exciting sandwich alternative.
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 30gms of chilled and chopped butter
- 3/4 cup of reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon of Vegemite
- 3/4 cup of reduced and grated tasty cheese fat
- Reduced-fat milk, for glazing
Preheat the oven at 220°C or 200° C, at fan-forced.
Line up the baking tray with a baking paper.
Sift the flour into glass bowl.
Using your fingertips, rub some butter into the flour till this mixture resembles to breadcrumbs.
Create a well at its center.
Add required milk. Now, using any flat-bladed knife, stir out until the mixture makes soft dough, by adding some milk, if needed.
Turn out it at a light floured surface.
Knead it gently till smooth.
Roll it out to rectangular shape of 30by20cms.
Spread the Vegemite over this dough, leaving strip of 1cm along its any long side.
Sprinkle the cheese over this Vegemite, and roll it up firmly.
Transfer it to the prepared tray, at the seam-side down.
Using scissors now cut down the dough’s top at intervals of 3cms, without cutting through all way.
Pull the slices to right and left. Brush them with milk.
Bake them for atleast 20-25 mins or till golden.
2. Gingerbread men
Your kids will definitely enjoy decorating these loving and cute type gingerbread men. You can place them foe eating, or as Christmas gifts.
- 150gms of chopped butter
- 1/2 cup of dark and firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of sifted baking soda
- 1 beaten egg (lightly)
- 1 tablespoon of sifted ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sifted and mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sifted baking powder
- 3 cups of sifted plain flour
Bits of milk chocolates, for decorating the Royal icing:
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cups of sifted pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
Place sugar, honey and butter in the saucepan at medium heat.
Cook it by stirring for atleast 3 minutes, or till the sugar dissolves out.
Remove it from the heat.
Stir in the baking soda. Transfer it to the heatproof and large bowl.
Cool it down.
Stir in ginger, egg, baking powder, flour, and mixed spice until they combined.
Divide the dough into halves. Shape it as discs.
Cover it with a plastic wrap.
Refrigerate it for atleast 1 hour or till gets firmed.
Preheat the oven at 180°C or at 160°C of fan-forced.
Grease atleast 3 of the baking trays.
Line them with the baking paper.
Roll on 1 disc of dough in between 2 of the baking paper sheets until it gets 3mm thick.
Using the 7cms of cutter of gingerbread men cut your desired shapes from the dough, by re-rolling the dough scraps.
Place them atleast 2cms apart at the prepared trays.
Repeat this with the remaining discs of pastry.
Bake only a single tray at 1 time, for about 8 minutes or till it gets firm when touch.
Stand on the trays for up to 5 minutes. Now, transfer the material to wire rack to cool down completely.
Take fork and beat the egg white into a bowl till it turns foamy.
Steadily beat in the icing sugar till it’s combined.
Stir in some lemon juice.
Spoon the icing in a snap-lock bag.
Snip off at 1 corner.
Decorate the gingerbread men with chocolate bits and icing.
Put it aside for 20 mins to get set.
Best Christmas Baking Recipes
Delve into this collection of awesome Christmas baking recipes, involving the classic Christmas cupcake, best Christmas cakes, alongwith homemade festive cookies and mince pies.
1. Easy Spritz
- 16 packages of 1/2 ounce of refrigerated dough o sugar cookie
- 1 package of 3 ounce softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Several drops of red or green food colors
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Red or green decorating sugar
Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees of F.
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, cookie dough, food coloring, extract, and flour electric mixer from low to the medium speed, till they combined.
Force the unchilled dough by a cookie press to the ungreased sheet of cookie.
Sprinkle the cookies and sugar.
Bake it for 8-9 mins or till the edges get firm, not brown.
Transfer to the wire rack, and cool down.
From the Kitchen to the Store:
- Layer the cookies in between the sheets of a waxed paper in the airtight container, and cover them.
- Store at the room temperature for 3 days or may also freeze up for 3 months.
2. Banana Nut Bread
Banana bread comes as a special type of sweet bread, which is purely made with the mashed and fully ripe-one bananas. It’s frequently a sweet, moist, cake-like, and quick bread.
However, there also exist some bananas bread recipes, which are of the traditional-styled yeast type breads.
It will take 60 to 65 minutes in baking.
It will yield 1 to 2 loaves
- Two 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- Three 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 mashed type bananas
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
Heat the oven at 350 degrees of temperature.
Grease the bottom part only of any loaf pan, having 9by5by3inches; or atleast 2 mini loaf pans.
Add up all the ingredients together. Now, beat them for 30 seconds to atleast time of 1 minute.
Pour the mixture into the pans.
Bake it for 60 to 65 minutes, or till you may insert any toothpick like device in its middle, which can also come out clean.
Cool it completely before the slicing.
To store it, wrap up and refrigerate it, for no longer than a period of 1 week only.
If you are using the self-rising flour, omit the use of salt and baking powder and salt. Use the slightly brown type bananas.
Nuts may be optional, in case you like nuts; prefer walnuts.
Baking Christmas Gifts
Fruit mince baking and White Christmas-inspired sweets will add the perfect finishing touches to your banquet, too.
1. Cranberry mince pies
Cranberry mince pies bring the modern and fruity taste and twist to this traditional recipe
For the pastry:
- 500 gms of plain flour
- 2 tbsp. of icing sugar
- 250 gms of diced butter
For the mincemeat:
- 100 gms of dried cranberries, (Spray Craisins)
- 400 gms of mincemeat
- 25 gms of chopped almonds
- icing sugar, as for dusting
Serve along with brandy butter and pouring cream for the indulgent dessert
For the pastry:
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees of C or 160 fans, or at gas 4.
- Sift flour and the icing sugar into any large bowl.
- Add butter and gently using your fingertips, rub in for resembling breadcrumbs.
- Add about 6 to7 tablespoons of the cold water, and mix them with the soft dough.
- Wrap in with the clingfilm and chill it for 10 mins.
- In small pan, cover cranberries with some water and boil it down.
- Reduce to heat and get it simmer for 10 mins.
- Leave it to cool down.
- Drain excess liquid from cranberries, and mix them with chopped almonds and mincemeat.
- Roll down pastry at an approximately 3mms thickness, using an 8cms of cutter, to frame 20 rounds.
- Line up any deep tin bun along with rounds.
- Spoon up approximately 1½ tbsps. Mincemeat to every case.
- Use the left pastry by cutting thin wedges for lattice topping, and place them over every pie.
- Bake it for atleast 15 to 20 mins until golden.
- Sieve also a light icing sugar dusting over it.
2. Chocolate Sweetie Cookie Cups
These frosted and sweet cake cups have a hiding and delicious secret inside them.
- 1 pouch (1 lb or 1.5 Oz) of the ‘Betty Crocker’ of peanut butter and cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 egg
- 18 miniature-bars (1-inched square) of chocolate, covered with caramel, peanut; and nougat candy, also unwrapped
- 1 container of (1 lb) the ‘Betty Crocker’ creamy and rich chocolate frosting
- ‘Betty Crocker’ Holiday one candy decors (if needed)
Heat the oven at 375º of F. In a large bowl, now stir the cookie mix, egg, water, and oil til soft dough is made.
Form this dough into 36 balls of 1-inch (about 2 tbsp. each), and press them in the ungreased and micro muffin cups.
Cut every candy bar in to halves, and press 1 piece of the candy bar at its dough center, in every cup.
Bake till 9-11 mins or till the edges get light golden and brown color.
Cool it completely in a pan, for about 30 mins.
Remove it from the pan to a serving plate.
Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag, being fitted with the star tip.
Pipe the frosting at top of every cookie cup.
Decorate them with decors.
Fun Christmas Baking Recipes
You can bake a lot of Christmas recipes with fun and enjoy them the whole month.
1. Bourbon-Pear Pastoral Tart
This rustic and crazy crust is simple. Also, the peers of bourbon-soaked type add an oaky and smoky element to your tart. Bake this at fall gathering, without disclosing how easy rustically this recipe is.
- 1/2 cup of the bourbon Pears
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3-4 firm Pears of Bosc, cored and wedged into the 1/8-inched thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet of store and bought type puff pastry
- All-purpose type flour, for the rolling
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
Preheat oven at 375 degrees of F.
Line up the baking sheet with the parchment.
For Bourbon Pears:
- Mix bourbon and the vanilla extract into the medium bowl, and now add pear slices to it, by tossing gently over the oat.
- Set it aside to get soaked for atleast 20 mins, while you complete the preparation of the crust and topping.
For the Topping:
- Combine the butter, flour, and brown sugar into the small lumps and put the aside.
For the Crust:
- Roll over puff type pastry sheet on the lightly floured surface, in 14-inches square.
- Transfer it to the baking sheet prepared.
Drain out pears (save Bourbon mixture for cocktail) and also toss with granulated sugar.
Arrange those pear slices in the overlapping rows on dough, having a 2-inched border space around whole tart.
Fold and also pleat edges of dough over it, so that it just gets overlapping the pears.
Brush out puff pastry with melted butter, and also sprinkle the prepared topping over pears.
Bake for 40-45 mins, till the pastry turns golden brown.
Serve to the drooling party members at your home’s lawn.
2. Pumpkin Tip Cake along with Crunch
It’s a creative alternative to your old pumpkin pie. This dump and classic cake takes only mere few minutes to get altogether, giving all your family members and guests the rich and earthy type of pumpkin sweetness, as they crave.
- 1 can of a 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box of mix vanilla cake
- 1 stick (or 8 tbsp.) of melted butter
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
Scoop out the pumpkin puree in the large bowl.
Add the eggs, singly at 1 time, whipping well after every addition.
Whisk in sugars and cream.
Add spices and salt, and stir to combine.
Pour in 9by9 inched, and greased one baking dish.
Sprinkle the mix vanilla cake at the top of pumpkin mixture.
Carefully spread the butter all above the cake mix top.
Bake for atleast 1hour or till the filling gets set (will jiggle out slightly), and the top gets golden brown.
Serve it warm at room temperature along with the whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.